Saturday, September 19, 2009

Christmas is Right Around the Corner

Okay, my first thought of that is YIKES!!!!! But seriously folks, it is true. In just three short months, you will be looking at your lists (yes, I know mine will be plural) and checking them twice, thrice, or even four times (LOL! IDK the word for that!). Ahhhhh, the hustle and bustle of Christmas. I must admit, that this is the part that I don't like about Christmas....toooooo much hustle and bustle. I just want it to be all about JESUS! I concentrate on keeping that my focus, as I strive to bless those around me.


I got an email this morning that the Hallmark Ornament Debut Weekend is coming! October 10th and 11th! (They are so cute!!!!) WEEEEE! I LOVE ORNAMENTS!!!! They are so much fun, they make great gifts, and they always bring back memories! When we get our Christmas stuff out and get the tree up, we watch Elf while decorating the tree. MAN, is that a funny movie or WHAT??? Hey, did you click on Elf and watch the clip. Well, then go back and do it!!! Get in the spirit and LAUGH!! Anyway, Taylor knows this movie pretty much my heart. Much in the same way we knew Aladdin (is Robin Williams awesome as the Genie or what?) word for word when she was two...and the Barney songs. Oh boy! Flashbacks! And, these companies aren't even giving me any kickbacks for promoting them!


Okay, back to the Christmas feeling. I am sitting in my office and it is kinda cool, inside not out, but I am so imagining when the weather will get cooler (for a few days, LOL!) and I can actually wear my jeans and a long-sleeved shirt and not sweat. I should maybe think about getting my fall decorations out. Oh, I am getting side-tracked again....


So, what's on your wish list for Christmas?? Tell me, I want to know! I mostly want my family and friends to be happy, healthy and blessed. Well, me, too, but I am there. Well, I did tell my husband yesterday that I wanted a hysterectomy for Christmas. :-/ That kinda kills the Holiday Spirit, but that's what I was feeling at the time. Moving on....


My best girl will be in Cali for Christmas this year. I miss her terribly when she is gone, but she so enjoys seeing her dad, grandparents, aunts and uncles, and cousins. They have a BIG family! That leaves me and the hubby home alone for Christmas. We rarely have alone moments, so I treasure them. We have lots of family around, too, though. We always host the Christmas Eve celebration at our house where the kids open up their presents. Christmas morning will be just the two of us this year. Then, Christmas afternoon we spend at Gail and John's house, stuffing our faces and watching old movies (okay, this is the part where I usually sneak out to read and have a tryptophan induced nap!)


Okay, I am in the Christmas spirit now. YEAH!!! As we all know, though, before Christmas is FOOTBALL SEASON! Now, that is funny. I am really not a big fan, especially of pro ball, but I am a Gator to the core, so I am pretty excited about watching the game today where the Gators will stomp the Vols! So, I must sign off and get some school work done before the 3:30 fame time. WOOOOOO!


Let me know you were here!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you're a fellow blogger as well. Cool. I know it will be strange without your daughter home for the holidays but you have Buzz. :) Hard to believe Christmas is that close!

    ReplyDelete